The Plant Manager is responsible for all aspects of component manufacturing and people management.
- Responsible for Profit and Loss of Plant
- Understand how to perform every position in the plant efficiently and correctly
- Correct all quality issues and develop solutions to prevent them
- Audit outgoing loads for completeness.
- Prepare daily production plan
- Complete the weekly inventory.
- Update time card system on a daily basis.
- Administer safety and quality training to all new hires on the 1st day of work and all associates annually.
- Complete weekly inventories for lumber and hardware.
- Inventory control
- Ensure that equipment is maintained for reliability and calibration.
- Complete a daily walk-through inspection.
- Create and implement a layout for the plant to optimize inventory flow for the current product mix.
- Report all hourly associate sick time, vacations, attendance, evaluations to corporate office
- Actively participate in the evaluations of hourly associates
- Able to speak, read and write English
- Able to speak, read and write Spanish, or be willing to learn (where applicable)
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift 50 pound
- Basic math skills
- Willing to relocate
- Good leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Fork Truck License
- High School diploma or GED and 8 years industry experience and/or training.