August 14, 2019
The Designer is responsible for completing design work assigned by the Design Manager, and responsibilities will include:
- Reading and interpreting blueprints
- Ensure designs are accurate, optimized, and conforms to standards
- Request sealed engineering drawings and/or repair details and follow-up to ensure complete when necessary
- Generate placement layouts for final construction
- Generate and provide accurate pricing for estimating purposes
- Aid in training of new employees when required
- Provide job-site support, with the aid of sales department, when requested.
- General knowledge of construction industry.
- Knowledge of floor and roof truss design process
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and structural blueprints
- Ability to calculate tributary loads, concentrated loads, and load transfer through a building.
- Ability to operate a computer and current software used by company
- Knowledge of current local codes associated with truss design (i.e. TPI, UBC).
- Good written and oral communication skills are required.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to deal courteously with customers, co-workers, and construction personnel
- Good math skills including, but not limited to architectural units, fractions, geometry, and basic trigonometry.
- This position requires a High School Diploma.
- Construction or any work experience in the building industry will be helpful.
- Experience in Design strongly preferred.